Travelling abroad on your mind? Be it vacationing in the Maldives, the shopping festival in Dubai, a business trip to Europe, or studying at a university in the USA–all need meticulous planning. Right from getting a visa, booking flight tickets, making hotel reservations, getting a rental car, etc. You are bound to spend in foreign currency from the onset of your journey and along come various charges that can very soon add up and make you dip into your funds.
To address this and many other banking challenges that international travellers face through their journey, Niyo in partnership with State Bank of Mauritius (India) Limited and VISA bring you Niyo Global–an INR-based interest-earning digital savings account that comes with a zero forex markup VISA Signature Debit Card. The no forex markup card is integrated with the light and fast Niyo Global app for a seamless banking experience on the go through your travels abroad.
Travel abroad made easier with Niyo Global
No matter where your destination is in the world–whether you are travelling to one country or multiple–Niyo Global can be your best travel buddy. You can load your Niyo Global account in INR (Indian Rupees) from any of your other bank accounts and spend in the local currencies of over 150 countries. Since the Niyo Global card works on the VISA network, it is accepted worldwide given its widespread reach. This means you don’t have to worry about carrying wads of cash while travelling or rush to the bank to get a traveller’s cheque or a forex card or anything of the kind.
A few of the most compelling features of Niyo Global include:
- Zero Forex Markup Card
- Works at VISA-accepting merchants in 150+ countries
- Complimentary airport lounge access in India
- 5% Interest p.a.* on savings account
- Concierge services (powered by VISA Signature)
- Integrated Niyo Global app
- Real-time in-app currency converter
- In-app nearby ATM locator
Niyo Global aims to make your banking needs for travel, study, and beyond a smooth and hassle-free experience. All you have to do is download the Niyo Gobal App and you can onboard yourself right away.
Why is Niyo Global the best zero forex markup card?
The Niyo Global account comes with an integrated app and the top of the line VISA Signature Debit Card enabled with a host of features and benefits for an effortless banking experience when you are on the move:
- Zero forex markup: Generally, while making payments in a foreign currency with any credit/debit card, a forex markup fee is charged by the card-issuing bank on the total transaction amount. Your Niyo Global card comes with zero forex markup, meaning, we don’t charge you anything for this convenience. This works out extremely cost-efficient for all transactions involving foreign currency, like flight bookings, paying tuition fees, dining out, shopping, etc.
- Works in 150+ countries: You can load the Niyo Global card in INR before you set out to travel, or even while you are abroad. In case you plan to travel to multiple countries during a trip, you don’t have to worry about which currency to load on your card. Niyo Global auto-converts the INR amount to the local currency of the country you are in. It can be used at ATMs to withdraw cash and to pay at VISA-accepting merchants in over 150 countries. Not to mention the convenience of making purchases from international websites right from India.
- 100% digital onboarding and KYC: The Niyo Global app ensures seamless account opening without having to rush to the bank to fill up confusing paperwork. You just need to download the Niyo Global App and the steps to open your account are intuitive and simple to follow. You’ll instantly have your hands on the best international debit card.
- Instant account opening: The light and fast Niyo Global App ensures quick account opening so you can dedicate more time to plan other aspects of your travel and study. It’s a digital account with a unique account number and IFSC. Your digital/virtual debit card gives you the freedom to start using your account immediately for all online transactions without waiting for your physical card to arrive. Please note, depending upon the city you live in, the card would get delivered within 15 days of placing an order.
- Zero balance savings account: It’s not mandatory to maintain a specified monthly balance at any time and we promise not to charge you for that. However, it’s a good practice to maintain at least an INR 10K balance so that you can use your card at any time.
- Up to 5% interest p.a.*: Your account balance earns interest and continues to grow even while you are on vacation.
- Zero loading and fund transfer fees: There are NO charges to load your account or transfer funds 24×7 from anywhere via NEFT/IMPS/RTGS.
- Tap & Pay: The Niyo Global card facilitates contactless payments at stores ensuring quicker transactions and lesser wait time at checkout without the card leaving your hand at any point in time.
- Complimentary airport lounge access: With complimentary airport lounge access at domestic/international terminals at airports across India, you can now travel in luxury with your Niyo Global card. Check out more details about the VISA Airport Lounge Access Program and the list of participating airport lounges.
- Virtual and physical debit cards: The NiyoX account comes with two kinds of VISA debit cards:Virtual: A handy instant virtual VISA Signature Debit Card which can be used for online transactions as soon as you open your digital savings account with partial-KYC (pending biometric verification).
Physical: Soon after opening your account, you can order a physical VISA Signature Debit Card. This card can be used for all POS, ATM, E-commerce transactions, and Airport lounge access.
- In-app currency convertor: This gives you a real-time currency rate so there are no surprises later. Note: VISA exchange rates apply to all transactions.
- In-app ATM locator: While debit cards are accepted at most places abroad, there could be instances where you might need a small change to pay in cash. This handy tool can help you find the nearest ATM wherever you might be in the world.
- Enhanced security: The Niyo Global app brings you enhanced security through the Lock/Unlock/Block Card features. To add to the safety and security of your chip and PIN card, the app lets you temporarily lock your entire card or individual payment channels–Online payments, ATM withdrawals, Card swipes, Contactless payments, and International payments–so you can keep tabs on your transactions. You can even block your card permanently in case it gets stolen or you accidentally lose it.
- Real-time tracking: To help you keep track of your funds, all your transactions are always listed in the local currency and updated in the app each time you spend somewhere.
- 0% commission mutual fund investments: During the onboarding process, a Niyo Money account is created for you with no additional efforts. You can choose to import your existing investment portfolio and start investing in mutual funds, stocks & ETFs, and more, whenever you want.
- Exclusive in-app offers: We have curated offers for you on hotel and flight bookings and more. Check out exclusive offers with domestic & international merchants on the Niyo Global app.
- Concierge services: VISA Concierge–powered by VISA Signature–is a 24X7 digital personal assistant and lifestyle guide that gives you access to extraordinary experiences and exclusive privileges. You can download the Visa Concierge app to view your exclusive local and overseas privileges and benefits.
- Meet and assist service: You can get customized services such as assistance through immigration queues, help with your baggage, or arriving at your destination in style.
- 24X7 Support: Should you need assistance with your account anytime during your travels, you can reach out to us through the 24X7 in-app live chat support.
With all these perks of Niyo Global, it’s undoubtedly the best zero forex markup card no matter where your destination is.
Get your Niyo Global no forex markup card today
Are you 18+ years old? Are you planning to travel abroad? Do you have a PAN and Aadhaar number? If you answered YES to all of these questions, Niyo Global, the best international travel card, is the perfect match for you!
Download Niyo Global App for Android or iOS now and open your account right away. It’s all you need to take care of spending in foreign currency at the best possible rates* while travelling abroad.
*VISA exchange rates apply