DCB Bank Cardholders
These Terms and Conditions are for DCB NiYO Card issued by DCB Bank Limited, a Banking Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 (CIN: L99999MH1995PLC089008) having its Registered Office at 601 & 602, Peninsula Business Park, 6th Floor, Tower A, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013 and Finnew Solutions Private Limited, a Banking Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 (CIN:U74900KA2015PTC084275) Ground Floor, Alpha Block, Phase 2, Sigma Technology Park, Varthur Road, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560066
Important: – Please make sure you have read this DCB NiYO Card ‘Terms & Conditions’ carefully before using the DCB NiYO Card. By using the DCB NiYO Card you are unconditionally accepting the Terms & Conditions listed hereunder and will be bound by them and you accept the onus of ensuring compliance with the relevant guidelines of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and any other regulatory/statutory bodies, all the rules and regulations framed under the Act and as amended / modified / applicable from time to time and any other corresponding enactment in force from time to time.
In this document the following words and phrases shall have the meanings as set below unless the context indicates otherwise:
- ‘DCB NiYO Card’ or ‘Card’ refers to the ‘DCB NiYO Card’ issued by any corporate its employees through DCB Bank
- ‘Application’ refers to an application made by the employees, along with its KYC documents for the DCB NiYO Card
- ‘Terms and Conditions’ refers to Terms and Conditions as mentioned herein for the DCB NiYO Card usage
- The ‘Bank’ and ‘DCB Bank’ referes to DCB Bank Limited and its successors and assignees
- ‘Cardholder’, ‘you’, ‘him’ or similar pronouns shall, where the context so admit, refer to the employee of a corporate who has tied up with DCB Bank and/or its representatives, to whom a DCB NiYO Card has been issued for loading the allowances. All references to the Cardholder in the masculine gender will also include the feminine gender.
- ‘ATM’ refers to Automated Teller Machine in India and/or abroad, whether of DCB Bank, or of any other bank on a shared network, at which amongst other things, the Cardholder can use his DCB NiYO Card to access his funds loaded in his DCB NiYO Card though for limited and/or restricted pockets
- ‘PIN’ means the Personal Identification Number (required to access ATMs) allocated to the Cardholder by DCB Bank, chosen by him from time to time.
- ‘Transaction’ means any instruction given by a DCB NiYO Cardholder by using his DCB NiYO Card directly or indirectly to effect action on his Card
- ‘Statement’ means a statement of account that can be accessed by the DCB NiYO Cardholder through the DCB NiYO mobile app for any given period and the balance on the Card / Card pockets
- ‘Merchant’ or ‘Merchant Establishments’ shall mean establishments wherever located which accepts / honours the Card and shall include amongst others stores, shops, restaurants, airline organisations, etc. as advertised by DCB Bank or VISA.
- ‘EDC’ or ‘Electronic Data Capture’ refers to electronic Point-of- Sale (POS) swipe terminals in India and/or abroad, whether tied up by DCB Bank or any other bank on the shared network, that permit the debiting of the Card / Card pockets for purchase transactions through merchant establishments.
- ‘NiYO 15’ means the credit card pocket where 50% of your salary will be extended as credit.
- ‘Pockets’ refers to the separate categories of reimbursement in DCB Mobile App. For example Meal allowances are parked as a separate category in the mobile app. Different categories are present in the card virtually, so that various allowances can be parked in the respective categories.
- ‘Company’ or ‘Corporate’ A company is an association or collection of individuals sharing as common purpose and unite in order to focus their various talents and organize their collectively available skills or resources to achieve specific, declared goals.
- ‘Personal Information’ refers to the information provided by the user to DCB Bank and/or its associates.
2. About the Product:
DCB NiYO Card is issued to employees of corporates based on the application for issuance of the Card by the employer to DCB Bank and/or its representatives. The Card comes with multiple pockets with ability to issue and load various types of allowances including but not limited to Meal, Medical, Fuel and Corporate travel and Entertainment reimbursements as provided by the employer from time to time. The Card will also have an additional pocket named NiYO 15 where the employee of any Corporate shall be provided 15 days advance credit facility of 50% of his/her net monthly salary. The credit facility will get activated and renewed on 16th day from the salary credit date for every month. This credit will be as an advance payment for the salary due for the next month. The usage done by the Cardholder out of the credit limit assigned to him in that particular month will be recovered by setting it off from the salary of the next month. The DCB NiYO Card comes with multiple pockets that meet the requirements of a Corporate of disbursing multiple categories of benefits to its employees. Each pocket will have appropriate usage limit and restrictions, for example, the meal allowance can be used only for spends on ready to eat food and beverages. The fuel allowance can be used only for refilling fuel at Petrol Pumps. ATM withdrawals will be allowed only for the General category pocket and not from the Meal allowance pocket. The employee will be eligible to use the existing funds available under various pockets of DCB NiYO Card even if he quits, provided the card is within the validity period. DCB NiYO Card is also linked to the DCB NiYO Mobile App.
3. Applicability of Terms and Conditions:
4. Card Validity and Cardholder Obligations:
- The issue and use of the Card shall be subject to the rules and regulations in force as issued by the RBI and/or any other regulatory/statutory body from time to time. The issue and use shall also be governed by the Terms & Conditions contained herein and as amended by DCB Bank from time to time.
- The Card shall be valid for online transaction, ATM Cash withdrawals (applicable to limited pockets), and POS transactions, as permitted by the DCB Bank from time to time in India and/or abroad.
- The Card will be at all times the property of DCB Bank and/or its representatives and shall be returned to DCB Bank and/or its representatives unconditionally and immediately.
- The DCB NiYO Card is not transferable or assignable by the Cardholder under any circumstances.
- Upon receipt, the Cardholder must sign on the reverse of the Card immediately. Do not allow anyone else to use the Card and safeguard the Card from misuse by retaining the Card under your control.
- The Personal Identification Number (PIN) issued to the Cardholder or chosen by him for using the Card are personal to him and will be known only to the Cardholder and are non-transferable and strictly confidential. A written record of the PIN should not be kept in any form, place or manner that may facilitate its use by a third party. The PIN should not be disclosed to anyone, including the staff of the DCB Bank and its associates, the merchant establishments, and/or any third party, under any circumstances, by any means whether voluntary or otherwise.
- The Cardholder’s Card balance will be debited immediately with the amount of any withdrawal, transfer and other transactions effected by the use of the Card. The debit will happen from the designated allowance pocket under which the transaction has been done. For example: if a transaction is done at Food and Merchant outlet the debit will happen on the Meal allowance pocket. Similarly transactions done at Petrol Pumps will be recovered from the Fuel Allowance pocket. Sometimes the transaction amount and/or tips, surcharge or exceptional transaction amount would be debited to your account subsequently/at a later date. The Cardholder will ensure that he/she has sufficient load balance limit in the relevant allowance pocket of DCB NiYO Card to meet any such transactions / amount.
- The Cardholder shall not be entitled to withdraw funds by the use of the DCB NiYO Card exceeding the limits assigned to him/her on his/her Card or from the benefits pockets where cash withdrawals are not permitted.
- The DCB NiYO Card holder will be responsible for transactions effected by the use of the Card whether authorised by the Cardholder or not, and shall indemnify DCB Bank and/or its representatives against any loss or damage caused by any unauthorised use of the Card or related PIN, including any penal action arising therefrom on account of any violation of RBI guidelines or any other law being in force in India, notwithstanding the termination of this arrangement.
- You are requested to note that the DCB NiYO Card is valid up to the last day of the month / year indicated on the Card. You hereby undertake to destroy the DCB NiYO Card when it expires by cutting it into several pieces.
- Your renewed DCB NiYO Card shall be sent to you through your employer before the expiry of the Card at the discretion of DCB Bank and/or its representatives, upon evaluation of the conduct of your account. DCB Bank and/or its representatives reserve the sole right of renewing your Card account on expiry of existing card.
- The Cardholder will inform DCB Bank and/or its representatives in writing within 30 days from the statement date of any irregularities or discrepancies that exist in the transaction details of any ATM/merchant establishment on the statement of account shared by DCB Bank and/or its representatives. If no such notice is received during this time, DCB Bank and/or its representatives will assume the correctness of the transactions and details provided of the same.
- The Cardholder undertakes that he / she shall keep himself / herself aware of the Terms and Conditions (General and Product Specific) on the Website of DCB Bank and / or its associates. DCB Bank and/or its representatives shall not be obliged to convey and inform to the Cardholder any changes / updates made therein from time to time.
- The Card is accepted at all electronic Point-of- Sale terminals at merchant establishment in India and/or abroad which accepts VISA, MasterCard and Rupay Card.
- The Card will be accepted at merchant establishments that have an electronic Point-of-Sale swipe terminal. ATM withdrawals are allowed but are applicable to the limited pocket. Please note that usage of Personal Identification Number (PIN) is mandatory for use of the DCB NiYO at the electronic Point-of- Sale swipe terminals at merchant establishments and/or at ATM Machines.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives will not accept any responsibility for any dealings the merchant may have with you, including but not limited to the supply of goods and services so availed or offered. Should you have any complaint relating to any merchant establishment, you should resolve the matter with the merchant establishment and failure to do so will not relieve you from any obligations towards DCB Bank and/or its representatives.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives shall accept no responsibility for any charges over and above the value/cost of transactions levied by any merchant establishment and debited to your account along with the transaction amount.
- A purchase and a subsequent credit for cancellation of goods / services are two separate transactions. The refund will only be credited to the allowance pocket of your DCB NiYO Card Mobile App (less cancellation charges), from where the transaction was initiated or debited, as and when it is received from the merchant. If the credit is not posted to your Card account within 30 days from the day of refund, you must notify DCB Bank and/or its representatives along with a copy of the credit slip from the merchant.
- The Cardholder would be solely liable for all unauthorised acts and transactions. Sometimes the transaction amount and/or tips, surcharge or exceptional transaction amount would be debited from your Card subsequently/at a later date. Kindly ensure that your account is adequately funded to meet the debits pertaining to tips/surcharge or any other exceptional transactions which are debited from your Card at a later date.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives are not responsible if your Card is not accepted or if any transaction is declined at POS (member establishment / merchant location) for any reason whatsoever.
- ATM withdrawals are allowed on restricted pockets.
- The Card is accepted at any DCB Bank ATMs and/or ATM on other bank’s network.
- The daily cash withdrawal limit would be determined by DCB Bank and/or its associates and may be changed at any time at their sole discretion without notice to the Cardholder. Cash withdrawals will be subject to tax as applicable from time to time.
- Charges for cash withdrawal and other transactions would be as per the ‘Schedule of Charges’ provided in MITC.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives will not be liable for any failure to provide any service or to perform an obligation thereunder where such failure is attributable (whether directly or indirectly) to any malfunction of the ATM or the Card, temporary insufficiency of funds, any dispute or the circumstances beyond its control.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage arising from or related to the loss / use of the Card and related PIN, howsoever caused.
- The availability of ATM services in India and/or abroad, where the Card was issued is governed by the local regulations in force. DCB Bank and/or its representatives shall not be liable if these services are withdrawn without notice thereof.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives are not responsible if your Card is not accepted or if any transaction is declined at any ATM for any reason whatsoever.
5. Fees and Charges:
a) Schedule of charges: The schedule of charges* as applicable on date is provided below:
- Joining Fees
Rs. 200/- plus applicable taxes at the time of issuance.
- Annual Fees
Rs. 200/- plus applicable taxes.
- Reissue of Lost, Stolen or Damaged Card
Rs. 200/- per instance plus applicable taxes.
- Reissue Card PIN
Rs. 100/- per instance plus applicable taxes.
- Interest (in case of default)
- Domestic Cash Withdrawal Fee
All DCB ATM transactions are free.
1 other bank transaction is free per month. Beyond, you will be charged Rs. 20/- per transaction plus applicable taxes.
- Domestic Cash Withdrawal Limit
Rs. 10,000/- per day
- Domestic Balance Enquiry Fee(in ATMs)
Balance enquiry at DCB ATMs is free.
1 balance enquiry is free per month at other bank ATMs. Beyond, you will be charged Rs. 10/- per transaction plus applicable taxes.
- Late Payment Fee
- Statement Request
- Petrol transaction charge
2.5% of the transaction value (subject to a minimum of Rs. 10/-) plus applicable taxes
- Railway ticket booking or cancellation surcharge
2.5% of the transaction value (subject to a minimum of Rs. 25/-) plus applicable taxes
- Replacement of a damaged card
- Account Closure charges
*Taxes as notified by the Government of India, are applicable and payable on all fees, interest and other charges if any and is subject to change, as per relevant regulations of the Government of India and/or Reserve of Bank India. For a complete list of charges on various services on the DCB NiYO Card, please refer to your DCB Bank website “www.dcbbank.com”. b) Interest free period depends on the date of the transaction by the Cardholder
- DCB NYO customer will enjoy 15 days interest free credit facility from the 16th to the last day of the month.
6. Disclosure of Information:
- When requested by DCB Bank and/or its representatives, the Corporate shall be in a position to provide any information, records or certificate of the DCB NiYO Cardholder relating to any matters that DCB Bank and/or its representatives deems necessary. You will also authorise DCB Bank and/or its representatives to verify the veracity of the information furnished by whatever means or from whichever source deemed necessary. If the data is not provided or if found incorrect, DCB Bank and/or its representatives may at its discretion refuse renewal of the Card or cancel the Card forthwith.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives reserves the right to disclose Cardholder information to any Court of competent jurisdiction, quasi-judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies and any other wing of Central Government or State Government.
- DCB Bank and/or its representatives reserves the right to disclose, in strict confidence, to other institution, such information concerning the Cardholder’s account as may be necessary or appropriate in relation to its participation in any Electronic Fund Transfer network.
- DCB Bank and/ or its representatives may tie up with credit bureaus authorised by the RBI and will share credit information including, but not limited to, your current balance, payment history, etc. along with your demographic details with such credit bureaus, as per the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005. It is in your best interest to maintain good credit history by paying the necessary dues in a timely manner. With credit bureaus in place, responsible Cardholders can expect faster and more competitive services at better terms from the credit grantors. Default by Cardholders would be available with the credit bureaus, which in turn may impact your creditworthiness for future requirements.
- If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing or telecalling / telesales calls, please register yourself for the “Do Not Call” facility.
7. Lost or Stolen Card:
- In the event that the Card is lost or stolen, the occurrence must be reported to DCB Bank Customer Care and/or its associates immediately by fastest means of communication and get DCB NiYO Card blocked/hot-listed.
- The lost or stolen card can promptly be blocked/hot-listed accessing the DCB NiYO Mobile App which is already there on the mobile of the DCB NiYO Cardholder.
- Should a request for processing a transaction be received by DCB Bank and/or its representatives after the Card has been lost or stolen but before receipt of any communication upon the blocking request, you shall alone be liable for all amounts debited to the DCB NiYO Card.
- You hereby undertake to indemnify DCB Bank and/or its representatives fully against any liability (civil or criminal), loss, cost, expenses or damage that may arise due to loss or misuse of the Card in the event that it is lost and not reported to DCB Bank and/or its representatives, or lost and misused before DCB Bank and/or its representatives is informed. Provided you have in all respects complied with the Terms &Conditions, a replacement Card may be issued at the sole discretion of DCB Bank and/or its representatives at the applicable fee.
- If it is determined that you were negligent or fraudulent in the handling of the Card and/or PIN, DCB Bank and/or its representatives would not entertain any request for refund / reimbursement of fraudulent usage of the Lost / Stolen Card.
- If any amount is wrongly credited to your DCB NiYO Card Mobile App based on your representation / information and/or otherwise, DCB Bank and/or its representatives would recover the amount from you without any prior notice.
- Should you subsequently recover the Card, it cannot be used. Please destroy the Card by cutting it into several pieces through the magnetic strip.
8. Billing & Statement:
- You can also view your monthly Card usage using your DCB NiYO Mobile App. You can access your Card Statement anytime using your DCB NiYO Mobile App by selecting “Mail” icon under “Spends” screen to generate the Statement of your Card. This will be directly emailed to your registered email ID.
- The Credit limit used by you from NiYO 15 pocket of DCB NiYO Card will be directly debited from your next monthly salary (as per your Salary cycle) and the credit limit on your Card will be reset to the original amount.
- In case of any bill dispute, the same must be informed to DCB Bank and/or its associates within 30 days of the transaction date. On receipt of such information, DCB Bank and/or its associates shall investigate and provide appropriate resolution on the same.
- Payment of the outstanding amount on your DCB NiYO Card will be directly debited from your monthly salary (as per your salary cycle) and the credit limit on your card will be reset to the original amount.
- On non-receipt of the payments within the specified timeframe, this will be reported in the monthly submission to the credit bureau.
- In case of overdue payments, follow up will be done by DCB Bank and/or its representatives via telephone, SMS, post, email, visitation or engaging third parties for follow up and collection of dues if required.
- The Cardholder will be liable for all the costs associated with the collection of dues, legal expenses (should it become necessary to refer the matter to any agent), or where legal resources have been utilized in the resolution of a dispute.
- The allowance pockets offered through DCB NiYO card will be same for all employees under the same Corporate.
- The Corporates will undertake to share updated data on resignation, reliving and absconding customers/ employees/ card holders to DCB Bank and/or its associates regularly at an agreed interval.
- The Corporate will promptly notify DCB Bank and / or its associates in writing of any change in the employment and / or office and / or residential address and telephone numbers of the employees.
- DCB Bank and / or its associates reserve the right to add, delete or vary any of the Terms & Conditions. Use of the DCB NiYO Card after the date upon which any of these alterations are to take effect will be taken to be evidence of the acceptance, without reservations by the Cardholder of such changes.
- Any notice updated on the Bank’s website and DCB NiYO Card Mobile App will be deemed to have been read by the Cardholder. Publication of changes by such means as DCB Bank and / or its associates may consider appropriate will constitute effective notice to the Cardholder thereof.
- DCB Bank and/or its associates reserves the rights to cancel / withdraw the Card or any of the other services offered at any point of time, without assigning any reasons and without prior notice to the Cardholders.
- It will be Cardholder’s and corporate’s responsibility to inform DCB Bank and/or its associates immediately on termination of employment with the current employer or change of profile of any of its employee.
- The benefits applicable to Salary/Reimbursement account shall stand to be modified in case of any change in the profile of the employee.
- The Card is the property of DCB Bank and / or its associates and must be returned to an Officer of DCB Bank and / or its associates immediately and unconditionally upon request. Please ensure that the identity of the Officer is established by you before handling over your Card. The delivery address is mentioned on the reverse of the DCB NiYO Card.
- If an employee leaves the organization he/she will be able to use his/her DCB NiYO Card till the time the balance is available in the Card and the card is within validity period. However, he will not be allowed to use the funds from the credit facility pocket.
- Notwithstanding anything stated anywhere, DCB Bank and/or its associates shall be entitled to terminate the DCB NiYO Card facility with immediate effect and close the Card accordingly upon the occurrence of any of the following events: a. Failure to comply with the Terms & Conditions set forth herein; b. The Cardholder becoming the subject of any bankruptcy, insolvency proceedings or any other proceedings of a similar nature; c. Demise of the Cardholder.
- The DCB NiYO Card should be returned to DCB Bank and / or its associates prior to the date upon which any charges are to take effect, in case of the Cardholder’s rejection of any of the proposed changes to the features, charge or Terms & Conditions applicable to the Card.
- Customer Care
13. DECLARATION cum UNDERTAKINGS from Cardholders:
- I / we agree and undertake to ensure that there would be sufficient funds / clear balance / pre-arranged credit facility in my /our DCB NiYO Card for effecting transactions. I/We agree that DCB Bank and / or its associates shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of non-compliance by the bank of my/our instructions due to inadequacy of funds and the bank at its sole discretion can decide to carry out the instructions notwithstanding the inadequacy of funds. The Bank may do the aforesaid without prior approval from or notice to me / us and I / we shall be liable to repay with interest, the resulting advance, overdraft or credit thereby created and all related charges arising thereby.
- I/We agree that DCB Bank and / or its associates shall not be liable for any damages, losses (direct or indirect) whatsoever, due to disruption or non-availability of any of services / facilities due to technical fault/error or any failure in telecommunication network or any error in any software or hardware systems.
- I / We shall keep myself / ourselves aware of the Terms and Conditions (General and Product Specific) on the Website of DCB Bank and / or its associates. DCB Bank and/or its representatives shall not be obliged to convey and inform to me / us any changes / updates made therein from time to time.
- I/We agree that DCB Bank and / or its associates may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information, as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- for participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network
- in compliance with a legal directive
- for credit rating by recognized credit scoring agencies
- for fraud prevention purposes and
- to credit information bureaus
- I / We, declare that the information and data furnished by me / us to DCB Bank and / or its associates are true and correct.
- I / We, agree that:
- The Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd. and any other agency so authorised may use, process the said information and data disclosed by DCB Bank and / or its associates in the manner as deemed fit by them; and
- The Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd. and any other agency so authorised may furnish for consideration, the processed information and data or products thereof prepared by them, to banks / financial institutions and other credit grantors or registered users, as may be specified by RBI in this behalf.
Know Your DCB NiYO Card
a) Front of the Card
- Card Type
- Chip Card
- Card Number
- Valid Form
- Embossed DCB NiYO Card
- The sales agent hands over the Welcome Kit after online registration of the customer through tab banking. The KYC process may also be completed through the in-app camera of the tab banking.
- Upon activation the employee gets a SMS on his registered mobile number with a link to download the NiYO App. The Card holder can download the NiYO Mobile App by clicking on the link provided through SMS.
- The credit facility function gets activated only if your employer had opted for it. The NiYO 15 facility will be extended to the employees on 16th of every month.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required to be generated through the NiYO mobile application separately.
- Use your DCB NiYO Card for shopping merchant outlets in India and/or abroad. The merchant must have an electronic Point-of- Sale Card swiping terminal.
- Present your DCB NiYO Card for making your transaction. The Card will be swiped by the merchant on an Electronic Data Capture Terminal for authorization.
- After a successful authorisation, the designated allowance pocket of your DCB NiYO Card will be debited for the transacted amount.
- Sometimes the transaction amount and / or tips, surcharge or exceptional transaction amount would be debited to your Card subsequently / at a later date. Your limit is equivalent to the balance available in your DCB NiYO Card, subject to daily transaction limit. Daily POS transaction limit will apply.
- When using the Card at a merchant establishment, the purchase amount will always be debited from the available balance in the designated pocked of your DCB NiYO Card depending on the purchase made for the category.
- Kindly ensure that there is sufficient load balance available in the said allowance pocket/category for which the purchase was made to meet the requirement of debits pertaining to tips, petrol / railway surcharge or any other exceptional transactions which are debited to your account belatedly
- Please note that all transactions (accepted or declined) at other than DCB Bank ATMs are subjected to a transaction charge as determined by the Bank and are subject to change from time to time without prior notice.
Looking After Your DCB NiYO Card
Following these simple guidelines will ensure that using your DCB NiYO Card is a pleasant experience.
- Treat your DCB NiYO Card in the same way you treat your cash. Keep it with you at all time and never leave it unattended.
- Your DCB NiYO Card is for your exclusive use only. It is non-transferrable and also should never be surrendered to anyone other than a designated officer of DCB Bank and/or its representatives and that too only after cutting into several pieces through the magnetic strip.
- Never reveal or surrender your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to anyone. Please do not write or leave an evidence of your DCB NiYO Card and never keep a written copy of it in close proximity to your DCB NiYO Card. It is also recommended that you change the PIN to a number of your choice at regular intervals.
- If your Card is lost /stolen, or if you suspect that your Card has been used fraudulently please block it immediately accessing your DCB NiYO mobile App. You can also call 07556170333 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to report the loss. v. In case you need your Card to be re-issued, please send in your request in writing to DCB Bank and/or its representatives. A replacement Card shall be provided to you at applicable tariff.
- Always ensure that the DCB NiYO Card is swiped in your presence when transacting at merchant establishments.