Frequently Asked Questions
Niyo Global is a world-class savings account, complete with a zero forex markup card, for Indian students travelling abroad. This multi-currency product will change the way you travel and bank with a host of features to make handling your international expenses a breeze:
- Zero Forex Markup Card
- Complimentary airport lounge access in India (domestic & international terminals)
- Concierge services (Powered by VISA Signature)
- Real-time in-app currency converter
- In-app ATM locator
- 5% Interest P.A.* on savings account
- Accepted in 150+ countries for POS, Ecom and ATM transactions
With an integrated savings account, you can now continue to earn interest on your savings while you study abroad. This account enables you to make payments for your car rentals, flight bookings, hotel bookings, etc. at zero markup! This is all possible online, or in-person using a contactless ‘Tap n Pay’ debit card with VISA Signature benefits.
This account is fully supported by the Niyo Global App, which brings you the convenience to manage your account seamlessly from anywhere in the world.
All you need to do is download the Niyo Global App and get yourself the Niyo Global by SBM account that helps you save more, be more and do more while you study abroad!
Niyo Global, an innovative digital banking solution for the students, in partnership with SBM Bank (India) Ltd. and VISA, brings to you an interest-earning, INR-based savings account with a zero forex markup VISA Signature Debit Card to take care of all your banking needs while you study abroad. In addition to helping you save big on forex transactions, this account enables you to transact in foreign currencies whether you are abroad or in India.
Niyo Global is the best student travel card that comes with a full-fledged DIY bank account and mobile app with compelling features such as:
- Zero forex markup: Forex markup is usually charged by a bank on top of the transaction amount when you make an international transaction. Niyo Global does not charge this fee and so your VISA Signature Debit Card comes with Zero forex markup. Note: VISA exchange rates applicable on all transactions
- Accepted in over 150 countries: You can load your Niyo Global card in INR before you travel, or even while you are in a foreign land. Niyo Global auto-converts the amount to your local currency and can be used to pay at POS/online with VISA-accepting merchants, and for ATM transactions in 150+ countries, including India.
- 100% digital onboarding: Enjoy seamless account opening with the Niyo Global app – no hefty paperwork required.
- Instant account opening: The light and fast Niyo Global app ensures quick account opening so you can dedicate more time to plan other aspects of your travel and study.
- Zero balance savings account: There is no requirement to maintain a specified monthly balance at any time.
- Up to 5% interest P.A.* on account balances: Your account balance continues to grow while you travel with the perks of Niyo Global. The interest is calculated on the daily end of the day balance.
- In-app Currency Convertor: This gives you a real-time currency rate at any point in time so there are no surprises later. Note: VISA Exchange Rates are applicable on all transactions.
- ATM locator: Find the nearest ATM wherever you might be in the world so you can be prepared with cash in the desired local currency at a moment’s notice.
- Real-time transaction tracking: The Niyo Global app helps you keep track of all your transactions the moment you make them. Your transactions are always listed in the local currency and updated with each payment, to help you keep track of your funds.
- Enhanced Card controls: The Niyo Global app brings you enhanced security provided by the Lock/Unlock/Block features. To add to the safety and security of your card, the app lets you temporarily lock your entire card or just some channels to control your transactions, or even block your card permanently in case you lose it.
- Zero transaction fees for NEFT/RTGS/IMPS: Your fund transfers via NEFT/RTGS/IMPS do not attract an additional fee. You can make these transactions at any time from anywhere.
- VISA Signature Debit Card: The Tap and Pay VISA Signature Debit Card cum Zero Forex Card facilitates contactless payments and comes with Airport Lounge Access and Concierge Service (Powered by VISA Signature)
- 0% commission mutual fund investments: With Niyo Global, you’ll get a Niyo Money account created for you with no additional effort! Use Niyo Money to import your portfolio and start investing in mutual funds, stocks and more, whenever you want.
24×7 In-app support: You never have to worry about your finances. Should you need assistance, you can use the in-app chat support 24×7.
All resident Indians above the age of 18 years can sign up for a Niyo Global by SBM Account. You just need your PAN and Aadhaar to onboard instantly. You can download the Niyo Global App and sign up for a Niyo Global by SBM account right away without having to visit a bank branch.
The Niyo Global card is accepted by all VISA-accepting merchants across the globe and can be used for domestic and international card swipe/contactless payments at POS, cash withdrawals or balance enquiries at ATMs, and for online transactions. Your account and card come with certain limits on transactions such as:
ATM cash withdrawal
Within cooling period (30 minutes)
Outside cooling period
|Schedule of fees and charges for Niyo Global Card|
|2.||Annual fee||₹500 + GST from the second year onwards|
|4.||International POS and Ecom transactions exceeding ₹7 lakhs in a given financial year||5% is charged as TCS on the incremental amount exceeding ₹7 lakhs|
|5.||Reissue of Lost, Stolen or Damaged Card||₹250 + GST|
Exciting Niyo Global offers in store for you
Niyo Global brings you a host of exciting offers on all your travel needs including flight bookings, hotel reservations, and car rentals in India and abroad. Check all the ongoing offers here:
Experience the brilliance of international banking while studying abroad with Niyo Global! Download Niyo Global App today and get yourself onboarded digitally in just a few clicks.